Technology and Data in Nursing - Nursing Times Awards
The use of technology and data can transform the delivery of healthcare by making data and metrics visible to healthcare providers about their services in formats that can be interrogated in numerous ways, for example to evaluate effectiveness or analyse trends. This can increase understanding of outcomes and lead to improved care and/or increased efficiency.
This award is open to individuals and teams working in the NHS or independent sector, and recognises initiatives that have used technology and data in a truly innovative and patient-focused way to improve healthcare provision. Entrants must be able to demonstrate the benefits of their initiatives in terms of improved health outcomes, patient experience or service effectiveness.
Examples may include:
- Introducing technology to capture data that is accessible to all professionals and services involved in individual patients’ care
- Using existing technology in new ways to increase its benefits
- Developing new ways of capturing data on patient outcomes or service effectiveness
Each entry will be judged against the following criteria:
- Innovation: originality of the idea
- Value: impact of the initiative on patient care and/or service effectiveness
- Patient focus: evidence that patient/service user need was central to the work
- Collaboration: evidence of the involvement of other professionals, services and/or patients in the project
- Clinical effectiveness: data demonstrating how this initiative drives clinical enhancements
- Leadership: evidence of entrants championing their innovation in their organisation or more widely
- Adaptability: ideas that could be adapted for use elsewhere in entrants’ organisations or other organisations
- Sustainability: initiatives that can be embedded within organisations to operate without the input of the people who developed them
If you are shortlisted for this award, you will be invited to attend our offices in London to present to the judges with one or two of your team members. Please ensure you are available on Monday 14 September to present to the judges.
Take a look at what our 2019 winner had to say about winning this award: