Team of the Year - Nursing Times Awards
High-quality healthcare is a team effort, often involving collaboration between a range of professions. This is particularly important in the development and implementation of initiatives to improve healthcare delivery.
This category is open to teams from the NHS or independent sector who have undertaken projects that demonstrate the value of teamwork in improving a service. Entrants must show how an entire team has contributed to the initiative, its implementation and ongoing delivery, demonstrating the input of different team members and/or collaboration with other specialties, professions and/or services. They must also be able to demonstrate the benefits of their initiative to patient care or service delivery.
Examples may include initiatives to:
- Develop a seamless care pathway involving multiple specialties or services
- Implement a service development across an organisation to involve all staff in improving patients’ experience of care
- Improving continuity of care by developing new methods of sharing of information
Each entry will be judged against the following criteria:
- Innovation: originality of the idea
- Value: impact of the initiative on patient care and/or service effectiveness
- Patient focus: evidence that patient/service user need was central to the work
- Collaboration: evidence of the involvement of other professionals, services and/or patients in the project
- Clinical effectiveness: data demonstrating how this initiative drives clinical enhancements
- Leadership: evidence of entrants championing their innovation in their organisation or more widely
- Adaptability: ideas that could be adapted for use elsewhere in entrants’ organisations or other organisations
- Sustainability: initiatives that can be embedded within organisations to operate without the input of the people who developed them
If you are shortlisted for this award, and with coronavirus conditions permitting, you will be invited to attend our Covid-19 secure offices to present to the judges on Monday 13 September 2021. The shortlist will be informed if there are any changes to the final judging process.
Take a look at what our 2019 winner had to say about winning this award: