Clinical Research Nursing - Nursing Times Awards
Clinical research nursing is an important and rapidly growing specialty, which promotes and develops nurses’ vital role in the delivery of high-quality clinical research. Ensuring a vibrant clinical research culture throughout the health and social care system is essential to finding new and innovative solutions to health and care needs.
This award is open to individual nurses or teams from the health and social care sector. It aims to recognise initiatives that contribute to achieving the NIHR’s strategic priorities for the specialty, which are outlined in the NIHR’s Clinical Research Nurse Strategy 2017-2020.
- Improving awareness and understanding of the specialty of clinical research nursing by actively promoting the relationship between high-quality care and research outcomes
- Demonstrating leadership to share best clinical research nursing practice locally, nationally and internationally
- Dynamically connecting with colleagues to network best practice using a wide variety of media
- Actively promoting patient involvement and engagement ensuring increased opportunities for patients, families and communities to access clinical research opportunities
Each entry will be judged against the following criteria:
- Innovation: originality of the idea
- Value: impact of the initiative on patient care and/or service effectiveness
- Patient focus: evidence that patient/service user need was central to the work
- Collaboration: evidence of the involvement of other professionals, services and/or patients in the project
- Clinical effectiveness: data demonstrating how this initiative drives clinical enhancements
- Leadership: evidence of entrants championing their innovation in their organisation or more widely
- Adaptability: ideas that could be adapted for use elsewhere in entrants’ organisations or other organisations
- Sustainability: initiatives that can be embedded within organisations to operate without the input of the people who developed them
If you are shortlisted for this award, and with coronavirus conditions permitting, you will be invited to attend our Covid-19 secure offices to present to the judges on Monday 6 September 2021. The shortlist will be informed if there are any changes to the final judging process.
Take a look at what our 2019 winner had to say about winning this award: